RE: [IP] Question for Paradigm users

Original Message:
-----------------
From:  email @ redacted
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:35:29 -0500
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Question for Paradigm users

I just hooked upto my paradigm with saline and am still playing with it,
getting to know it.  I havn't found anything in the manual or work book
about the pump measuring the reservoir volume.  I looked it up on the pump
and it says 127 units and that looks to be correct on the reservoir.  my
question is does the pump read on its own how much is in the reservoir??  I
know I had to enter in the volume on the 508 but didn't for the paradigm,
does it know on its own or did I miss a step and the pump just happened to
be on the right number by fluke??

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
with her blue paradigm "sure lance-a-lot" ( saline)

You fill the reservoir completely so there is no air in it. The pump will
tell you the volume is 127 as noted. Contact your pump educator if you are
not intending to fill to capacity. I don't know how to create a vacuum
without air bubbles for that route.