[IP] Question for Paradigm users

I just hooked upto my paradigm with saline and am still playing with it, getting to know it.  I havn't found anything in the manual or work book about the pump measuring the reservoir volume.  I looked it up on the pump and it says 127 units and that looks to be correct on the reservoir.  my question is does the pump read on its own how much is in the reservoir??  I know I had to enter in the volume on the 508 but didn't for the paradigm, does it know on its own or did I miss a step and the pump just happened to be on the right number by fluke??

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
with her blue paradigm "sure lance-a-lot" ( saline)