Re: [IP] Counting Carbs on Weightwatchers

I was doing Weight Watchers back awhile ago - unfortunately I had a poor leader - she got quite beligerant with me for being more concerned with carb totals and NOT using their log book (I was using the charting sheet out of the Walsh book and putting both carbs & points). So you do have to look for a leader who has a bit of flexibility - mine was a "my way or the highway" - so I hit the highway. And this was actually the second meeting I had tried - there was a lunchtime meeting near my office - that didn't ALLOW YOU TO BRING LUNCH!. It met in a bowling ally meeting room - so you were only allowed to eat their food - not exactly condusive to good eating - on weight watchers plan or good carb counting and low fat etc for a person with diabetes. And since I only got a very short time for lunch I had to eat while gone. Oh well thats life sometimes. Just my experience.

I do think the Weight Watchers program is good - but sometimes you really have to "shop" for a leader.

Linda & Dax