Re: [IP] MM replacement pumps/gripe about MM service (kinda long)

In a message dated 10/27/02 11:52:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> <<And a question for Disetronic owners.  When I explained that I would
> definitely shop Animas and Disetronic when getting a new pump, my local
> MM rep asked about what I heard about those two pumps. I mentioned great
> customer service from A and two pumps with D.  He said that I had to
> realize that Disetronic offers only a two year warranty.  Is this true? >>
> I commented on this too (Since I was frustrated after two weird incidents
> that lead up to the quick death of our Paradigm).    The tech's comment
> was that they weren't allowed to comment on their competitors,  but that
> Disetronic furnishes two pumps for a reason-----we'd be needing them both.
> Sincerely,

Please lets not start a pump war! I have a Disetronic pump and am not sure if
the first pumps disetronic made went out with 2 pumps. I believe in Europe
when you sell a medical devise you must send a back up. Its a law! I would
guess they do the same in this country because it is a good sales pitch. As
far as the warranty goes it is two years per pump 2X2= 4years. No more no
less than any other company. All pump companies  have failures we seem to
have more from M/M because there are far more M/M pumps on this list. I have
been lucky in 2 1/2 years I have not had 1 problem. Get me some wood fast.
Roger C (dx 12/1/47 pm 5/7/00) wow this hockey puck is cold