Re: [IP] why waterproof? why does it matter?

for showering i disconnect and couldn't care less, but the summer before i started pumping i was a
lifeguard and swim coach/instructor. i was *in* the water swimming, teaching, helping, or fixing
things upwards of six hours a day, and let me tell you, a waterproof pump would have been
ESSENTIAL. now, if i am on the stand, i am not going to take fifteen seconds to disconnect before
i go in to help somebody-- that thing has got to be able to go with me wherever i go, 5700 dollars
or not. i look at it this way: it COST me $6000, i expect it not to kick out with a little bit of
water. fortunately my h-trons don't seem to have a problem with going in and out of the water, i
just make sure all my parts are snug before i hit the pool and dry them off carefully afterwards.
if you do not go in the water much, then it is fine to not expect a pump to be waterproof; i got
the pump to go with my lifestyle, though, and a lot of that lifestyle takes place in the water. i
think that's why the companies add those waterproof-type "bells and whistles"-- because some
people actually DO need them.

Do you Yahoo!?