[IP] gaining weight (was insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #734)

Until the last few years, I lost weight whenever I was stressed. Now I
have hit 50, and that has changed. I've gained five pounds since our
broken pipe and flood in August.

Make sure you eat regular meals and have snack foods available.  It is
hard to get sympathy when you have this problem, I know. But it is a
problem, especially when you don't have a lot of flesh for sites. When
our daughter first went on the pump two years ago, she was very thin and
finding sites was a problem.

For reducing stress, is there a counseling office on your campus? Many
years ago I found a short-term support group that taught some great
relaxation techniques. You might find a group right on your campus.