[IP] pump serial number list

What do people think about the pumpers' site maintaining a pump "history
list". We could put in our pump serial number and then write some history
about what's been done to it and why, etc. and other problems that anyone
has had. Chances are some of us will be sharing pumps if we send in a pump
to be fixed and we get someone else's pump back as a "refurbished pump".
Wouldn't it be nice to know what sort of stuff has already happened to that
pump? If we didn't want to do it on the pumpers site ( which is in my
opinion the best place for it) we could do it on my site with a password
protected area. I'd rather have it on the pumpers' site though...