Re: [IP] I need help!

  My suggestion to you it to get some samples of the Quick Sets and the
insertion device.  I know there are a ton of people who love the Sils,
Tinders, Comforts, but for Josh, when he first started (almost 3 years now)
we HATED these sites and I never knew whether I had them in right or not.
And yes, they hurt like H--- for Josh as well.  The QuickSets and the
inserter are FANTASTIC! No EMLA even needed.  The insertion needle is SOOOOOO
tiny that Josh never even feels it.  And insertion is so quick and easy.

Also, now that Michelle is pumping straight Humalog her body may be a little
sensitive to that.  Josh (and many others on this list) was very sensitive to
that.  I would mix some Regular in with the Humalog to act as a buffer and
Josh's sites would last forever.  He is now on the Novalog and we no longer
have to mix or have pain with bolusing.

Also, do you have the book, PUMPING INSULIN by John Walsh, 3rd edition?  If
not get it, through this list's book page (list will get a donation if you
get it through here) and start reading it.  It will tell you everything you
need to know to get started and to fine tune the basals and boluses.

Anyway, try a different set.  By the way, Josh was 8 when he started and will
turn 11 in Dec.  don't know how old Michelle is.

Good Luck!

mom to Joshua