[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #735

We all appear to handle this one in different ways.  for many there
is no need to do anything other than change the pump time to ST w/o
changing basals etc.  For many, we just leave the pump on DT w/o any
basal changes etc.  For many, yet again, we have to redo all the
basal testing after a few weeks to a month following a time change.
Just wait and watch your bg checks...

>Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 01:00:29 -0500
>From: "Wililiam & Rochelle" <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] Stupid Question about Daylight Savings Time & Pumps
>Hey everyone a real quick question. At 2am when you are supposed to turn the
>clocks back an hour how is that going to affect the pump? Will it give an
>extra basal in one hour? Or will we loose one of our basals? I'm so
>confused.. Heather just went ahead and changed the time on her pump.. but
>i'm wondering if she should bolus for that lost basal??or will it be lost??
>Please someone direct me so i'm not confused lol..
>  Rochelle

Darrin Parker
Ontario, Canada

I have used the insulin infusion pump for over a year thanks to the
support of wonderful internet friends & the

The Pump gave me better control than I had achieved in 27 years of
MDI!  Best pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  1st & 2nd post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 &