[IP] Re: why waterproof? why does it matter?

I view my pump as an additional appendage. Wouldn't it be a pain in the butt
to all of a sudden have to keep your arm out of the water all the time?
That's how I see it.
As for lake or ocean usage, I made some really cool pockets that I velcro to
the inside of my bathing suits in the small of my back to put the pump in.
And if I'm in the ocean waves, I usually have a wetsuit on and the pump is
safely inside that. No wetsuit, I disconnect. But it sure is cool to have the
Same with the shower. I can disconnect, but I don't have to. I usually clip
it to the hanging shower caddy and that works great.
It's all about choices, which equates to convenience.
Deanna (who uses a waterproof Animas pump)
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02