Re: [IP] why not waterproof? why does it matter?

At 06:03 PM 10/26/02 -0400, you wrote:
 >personally I could care less if the pump is water proof.  I shower every day
 >-sometimes twice, and dont want to have to worry about it slipping off the
 >soap dish or looping it around my neck or something equally inconvenient...

Actually, waterproof didn't mean much to me either until my kids got into
trouble in a lake last summer and I had to disconnect from my 508 before
jumping in to help them.  After that, I decided to upgrade to the
Paradigm.  If I have to do the same thing again in the future, I won't have
to spend those precious seconds disconnecting.  And if something happens to
the pump, it's not my fault so the manufacturer has to fix it.  ;->