[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #734

In a message dated 10/26/02 8:31:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 17:23:55 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "J.Rogers" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: RE: [IP] MiniMed Warranty
> I'll never understand why ALL insulin pumps aren't made to be waterproof.
> Disconnection should be an option, not a neccessity. I have a MM508. I hate
> it.

As a proud user of the Paradigm, I am very pleased to report the success of
it's water proofness (is that even a word?)  I took it all the way down to 10
feet, and not a glitch or drop noticed within.  It was conveniently placed in
the little inside pocket of my swimming trunks, and it was forgotten until
lunch time.  About all I worried about was the site itself, but even at a
water park it came through in a pinch.