[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #734

In a message dated 10/26/02 8:31:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 16:28:38 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re: Length of tubing
> I use Silhouette sets with 23" tubing but would actually prefer a shorter
> length, maybe 16"-18." The extra tubing is very annoying and is always
> getting caught in something plus it is a pain to always stick it inside
> clothing. Can you think of any reason why tubing can't be customized to
> suit
> each of us or at least offered in more than two lengths?
> KAMcCord

KAMcCord, customization would increase the cost of the product.  these items
are produced conveyor belt style.  Machine after machine each one repeating
it's task over and over . . . you are asking for one or two machines to have
it's task changed, or for a whole new machine to be added to the system, PLUS
there is the tracking issue, and the labeling issue.  So, to answer your
question . . . that's why customized lengths of tubing is not offered.
HOWEVER, I would very much like to see a smaller size of tubing offered even
if it's not the exact length I desire.  It'd probably be better than the 5
miles I try to conceal in my clothes now.