-----Original Message-----
From: Michael

> Sean Lawes <email @ redacted>
> Sean Lawes
> Nottawa, Ontario,
> email @ redacted
> son has diabetes....looking at pumps now
> have looked at Animas and Minimed paradigm
> looking for pros and cons of both pumps

Hi Sean,

There are many kids in both the US and Canada that start pumping as
toddlers including our youngest pumper member,  a boy in Arkansas
named Maverick who started on the pump in August '00 at the tender
age of 10 days old. In addition, there are many other toddlers whose
parents are members of the support forum mail list. There is one
young lady now 21 who started 18 years ago!!! at age 3.

See the kids page of the web site for Maverick's story and many
others. What do the kids think? Read Lily's comments about pumping
(Lily's Essay). All at:

If you haven't done so already, to become better informed on all
aspects of pumping, purchase the book "Pumping Insulin". There is a
link to the correct amazon page on the BOOKS page of our web site at:

Contact Animas, Disetronic and MiniMed and order the free videos and
other promotional material. Contact and talk to their representatives
in your local area and get their input on physicians, etc... All the
pumps are excellent pieces of equipment and you can't go wrong with
any of them. The pump company's phone numbers are on the main page of
our web site at:

About the mail lists. Insulin Pumpers web site and mail lists are the
largest support forums in the world for the users of insulin pumps.
Its members include many Dr's, CDE's, RN's, over 500 kids who started
pumping at ages 12 days thru teen (or their parents), and over 3000
adult pumpers. If a challenge has come up, one of these many
contributors has surely faced it or something similar and can tell how
they solve the problem.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,
Michael Robinton