[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #734

Howdy all!
I was dx'd just over a year ago (Aug '01), and I know some of you may be
rolling your eyes at this young one, but I was 28y/o at the time, and I guess
I was expecting it. . . b/cuz w/in 5 months I was on the 508, and then
upgraded to the Paradigm as soon as they offered.  I feel good about how well
I've managed the abrupt change in life.  My HbA1cs have remained steadily
around 4.9, and up to August of this year I have only suffered uncontrollable
events when ill . . . sick days suck.  But, I'm in school again, dental
school.  The stress is eating me up.  I lose weight when stressed, and I'm
starting to lose the few sites I did have (ie. the adipose is going bye bye).
 I understand this isn't textbook diabetes, but I was hoping that there was
one or two of you out there that could suggest some academic environment
related suggestions (I mean I want to hear from a student) about reducing or
managing stress, and about putting on a few pounds.  Anyone?
Oh, and for those shaking their heads at someone trying to GAIN weight . . .
well, I can't "weight" (tee hee) for the ribbing to begin.