[IP] MM replacement pumps

I had to call MM recently because my daughter fell while climbing  a sand
dune and got quite a bit of sand inside the 508.  We cleaned it out as best
we could, but got a no delivery alarm twice in the next 2 days.  I asked
about sending it in to just get it thoroughly cleaned and about getting a
"loaner" pump in the meantime.  MM said they would clean it at no charge
since it is still under warranty, but they don't provide loaner pumps
anymore, and actually I would just be sent a refurbished pump as a
replacement and my original pump would not be returned to me.  I asked about
the age of the refurbished one and they said they try to send one of similar
age but it is not guaranteed, but it would have the same guarantee on it as
my original one.  Since we had only had this 508 for 6 months, we decided to
keep it and see if the alarms kept up after we cleaned it according to MM
instructions (just using the brush on it).  They also had us run extensive
tests while on the phone with them to check it out.  So far it has been fine,
so we are just keeping it until such time as we have any additional problems.
 Bottom line is they don't return your original pump to you anymore after

Sherry, mom to Liz, age 13, dx3/01, MM508-5/02