Re: [IP] Metrika A1c Now SALE

In a message dated 10/26/2002 9:51:32 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Heard that the Metrika A1c now test kit  is on sale for $`10.00. Does
> anyone have any info regarding this? My endo said she is starting to use
> it in her office for our 3 month visit instead of ordering test from
> lab.

Here's a link about the clinical accuracy (see also the link to the white
paper about in on the irght side of the page):   <A HREF="http://www.metrika.com/3medical/accuracy.html">A1cNow > Clinical Accuracy</A>

Could someone who has the knowledge to interpret this please "translate" for
me?  When we tried out the A1c Now earlier this year, the literature that
came with the test (written for laypeople) indicated that the acceptable
variance for the test *at that time* was +/- 1.5 a1c % points (so an actual
a1c of 7.0 could result in A2cNow meter results of an a1c anywhere from 5.5
to 8.5) . . . It looks to me from reading on the web site that the acceptable
variance has been substantially reduced (an a1c of 7.0 could show a meter
result of 6.8 to 7.1 -- 98% of the time) -- Am I reading this right?!?!?!?

Pumpmama to Katie