[IP] Re: Hot tub vs. pump

Hi Jim and Sara,

Thanks for your quick responses.

Jim, I don't recall getting a warranty but it is probably here some
place filed away.

Sara, I'm glad we didn't go ahead with ordering the replacement pump
last evening.  After a night and day of drying out, it's working
again!  YEAH!!  Our homeowners policy wouldn't have helped since
MiniMed's replacement cost was $498 and our deductible is $500.

For anyone who missed my original post, Noah wore his pump into a hot
tub for about five minutes before he realized he hadn't disconnected.
The pump quit working and wouldn't work several hours after even
after it appeared to be completely dry.  So we opened all
compartments, took the battery compartment out, and let it dry for
about 24 hours.  It is now working perfectly again!

I'm impressed with Noah's pump and the beatings it has endured.  He's
had it for three years (507C).  It's been fallen on while skiing and
snowboarding (to the extent it's left terrible bruises on Noah),
dropped on ceramic tile floor, and now survived a five minute dunking
in a hot tub!  Nice to know it's so durable.  With a 16 y/o, you
never know what's next!