[IP] MiniMed Warranty

Hi all,

Noah got in a hot tub yesterday with his pump on.  About five minutes
went by before he realized he hadn't disconnected.  The pump died as
a result.  We called MiniMed (we're still under warranty) and told
them what happened.  Since it was his mistake, they are charging us
$495 to replace it.  Is that how the warranty works?  If user fault,
you pay a fee to have it replaced?  I would really appreciate replies

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah