Re: What a great grandma! (Was Re: [IP] the look)

In a message dated 10/24/2002 9:34:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  If we were
> in a restaurant with my grandson, he would come with me, as a distraction
> and a reason to go for a walk  We'd go somewhere private so grandma could
> take her medicine. My daughter is well aware of the fact that some people
> feel diabetes is hereditary  and either of them is susceptible.  She wanted
> him to know why I  took shots and not to be afraid of them.  It becomes a
> part of your life.  He's now 7and asks if I've taken mymedicine.

   That is wonderful I have two kids and my dad comes over now and then my
kids are young so they don't let ya get away so I told him just let them see
and at first he was the one upset and the kids just had questions now they
think nothing of it.
    In a way I think it makes the kids more caring to others who have d or
just other things wrong.