[IP] replacing pump failure

>>  If I only had one (pump) and it went out I would be clueless as to how
much N and Humalog to take for a basal (and bolus) replacement!  >>>

As most of us would have, except for Michael's neat solution. Multiply your
basal rate p/h x the following 4 hours and inject that much
Regular/Velosulin, which lasts a tad longer than Humalog/Novolog - this is
the basal.

Inject your regular carb/insulin ratio for meals.

This method doesn't leave any long-acting insulin in the system to work out
later and many have used it for less than 24 hours to a couple of days - and
got the pumps they wanted as well. YMMV (~_^)

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea, does that mean that one enjoys
it? ~ George Carlin