Re: [IP] What is a Low?

At 10:58 AM 10/24/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I think there should be a definition of low based on functioning for that
>event, say driving a car. I can get very small number of BS( ~20) on a
>pump whereas with needles the same function is higher( ~55). This general
>relationship depends on other factors. If I had an accident with my car
>there would be so much stress that I think my BS would go high but
>functioning  would be like a "low BS" because of shock.

In an accident you might go high only if you survived......................

>What is your working or legal definition of "low BS"

Any level that is able to negatively impact your ability to: think, reason,
have good judgement, or your physical capabilities....

Sounds a bit like "how much can I drink and still drive?"     And since you
are taking something (insulin) there is always the possibility of getting a
DUI (driving under the influence is not just alcohol)

Rhetorical question: How safe is getting regular low BS numbers?

Jim S.