Re: [IP] My apologies

On 10/23/02 8:03 PM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I'd just like to apologize to anyone who may have received an email personally
> from me in the past week that confused them!!
> My new email doesn't memorize email addresses so instead of always typing it
> in I just reply to one I've received and change the subject line.  I just
> realized that sometimes it gets sent to the person who I received the original
> posting from and not the actual list!  If you've been sitting there wondering
> why I'd send you a personal posting on a subject - I didn't mean to!
> Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)

Oh, Summer, no need to apologize for that.  Sometimes personal messages are
more appropriate than sending it to the List.  Like when new members join
and several people send messages to the List saying "Welcome to the List".
Now just imagine if 3896 people sent that same message.      ;>)

Sometimes it is more appropriate to answer or comment to people "off-list",
so just as long as you aren't "flaming" someone, go ahead and send those
private messages.