Re: [IP] Re: Driving and Diabetes

For years I never mentioned my diabetes to the license place in Ohio -- even
when they specifically asked if I had diabetes.  I was in the hospital of
one of few non-diabetic related conditions.  And yet, the CDE was sicked on
me  and she advised me to fess up about my diabetes.

I was told that I had to get a doctor's statement that said I well
controlled enough that I wouldn't pass out or anything nasty like that.  My
BGs were normally high, but not high enough to go into keto while I was

Well, every year for three years I needed a doctor's statement.  At the end
of three years I was given a piece of paper that said that I no longer
needed a doctor's statement and was told to hang onto that for three years.

I found it all to be a pointless waste of time.