[IP] Re: Driving and Diabetes

Becky wrote, in part:
>>>i've had my license since i was 19-- no reason; just too lazy to get it--

 hmmmm - you have it and too lazy to get it? hmmmm - care to clarify? (~_^)

>>> driving requires good eyesight, good spatial perception, good physical
coordination, and good judgment. if you've got all of these, then there's no
reason you shouldn't be able to drive if you want, no matter what you have;
if you lack any of them, then you shouldn't drive. the only exception i
would make is in the case of hypo unawareness and sudden unexpected
unconsciousness, but that's not something endemic to diabetes alone. >>>

Which prompts me to share this:
At a nursing home in Miami, Florida, a
group of Seniors were sitting around
talking about all their ailments.

"My arms have gotten so weak I can
hardly lift this cup of coffee," said one.

"Yes, I know," said another. "My cataracts are so bad I can't even see my

"I couldn't even punch out the chad at
election time, my hands are so crippled," volunteered a third.

"I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck," said a fourth,
to which several nodded weakly in agreement.

"My blood pressure pills make me so dizzy!" exclaimed another.

"I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old man as he
slowly shook his head. The others nodded in agreement.

"Well, count your blessings," said one woman cheerfully ... "and thank God
we can all still drive."

There are two kinds of drivers - Idiots: anyone who drives slower than I;
Maniacs: anyone who passes me.