Re: [IP] cannot use insulin analogs; options

> Not to contradict our beloved Michael, but I am one who cannot use
> Humalog OR Novolog.  Humalog stings like a bee with every basal drop
> and boluses are awful; Novolog creates a great red welt at the end
> of the cannula after 24-30 hours.  So I use regular insulin (Humulin
> R) and give myself enough lead time on its action.  A little more
> effort and thinking, but it works!
> Diana Clayton

This is very interesting. I am sorry you have this problem with both
fast acting insulins. How unfortunate. Until the Novolog was
introduced, there were a substantial number of people that mixed H
and Velosulin. You might give that a try and see if it will moderate
the stinging so you can use a fast acting mix. The most common mix in
use is/was 5 parts H and one part V