Re: [IP] Re: A1C at Dr Appointment/HOME AIC KITS ARE EZ

I've used the new A1C 'test at home' kit.  You can
order them online from Diabeticexpress.com. The
manufacturer is Metrika.

I used my first kit before going to my MD appt.
it's very easy, and only requires a large hanging drop
of blood for the test, similar to the amt. used on the
older glucometers. They are about 98% accurate as the
regular lab test(+/- .2 points, i.e, a reading of 6.5
could be between 6.3 or 6.7). My MD was so impressed
she wrote me a script for more home tests right

I bought a set of 10 for 80 bucks..but you can order
them singly as well, cost is @$24.00.

At least it would give you a fairly accurate snapshot
prior to the doctor's visit, so you wouldn't need to
worry as much:)

Hope this info helped:)

Do you Yahoo!?