Re: [IP] Diabetes and Driving

> Ps.  I took Young Drivers of Canada and they >confronted every fear I had
about driving inculding >making me spin the car on ice and doing stimulated
crash >avoidances and tire blow outs etc.  That program is the >whole reason
I drive.  I highly recommend it to all your >children both with diabetes and
not :-)

back when i decided to get my license (i was 18, i'd waited a few years, and
then ontario was going to bring in graduated licensing - which i didn't want
to have to go through) my parents wouldn't let me go to any driving school
but young drivers of canada.  since they were paying, i went to ydc.

i do a fair amount of driving, although less now that i can bus easily to
the university, including a lot of highway driving.  i always test before
i'm gonna head to or from kingston, and i make sure the sugars are in the
6-7 range, just to be safe.  i also have sugar stuff in the car for