[IP] Strep Throat.....Ugggghhhh!!! 2nd POSTING

>>> <snip>Since Heather is 13 yrs old .. closer to 14 this will be a tough
surgery for her. The Dr told her to expect lots of pain afterwards and
she'll probably have to miss 5 days possibly more. <snip> Thanks Rochelle>>>

I am the DMer and still have my tonsils that are treated with other
antibiotics. No ENT will touch me due to the DM. However, I want to tell
about my hugsband's tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy/uvula-ectomy and soft tissue
removal for sleep apnea.

He (non-DMer) was 55 y/o and that makes it tough on a person. They kept him
overnight due to his age. He was not to have anything hot for a week, and no
dairy for 3 days. When I arrived to get him next a.m. he was in the bathroom
getting dressed and I saw a tray on his table. It had residue in the bowl
and some coffee remains in the cup. I said, "What's this???"

The nurse said, "That's oatmeal. That's his SECOND breakfast - he was so

SAY WHAT???????"  NO dairy, nothing hot!!!   hmmmmm - don't they read dr's

Anyhoo, he had a new stitching procedure that healed very well and had very
little pain. That was 9 yrs ago, in about 4 wks.

Hope you have as good a surgeon (stitcher) as what hugsy had.

{{{{{Hughey Hugs}}}}}

Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...