Re: [IP] Pumps, Insulin amounts and sites

In a message dated 10/22/2002 2:37:28 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have discovered that I need less  than .1 units of humalog between 8
> pm and 2:30 am.   The minimum amount my MM508 dispenses is .1

I don't have answers to your specific questions, but wanted to throw out an
option that might address this problem that a lot of parents of young pumpers
use:  simply set your basal rate to zero for alternating hours (or half hours
depending on your pumps capabilities) -- this lets you get past the .1 basal
increment on your pump without going through the hassle of diluting insulin
(especially since you probably don't need it diluted the resat of the day).
Many, many young pumpers have zero basals, even for several hours at a time
during the night and I haven't heard of any who have had any significant
problems with occlusions or anything . . .

Pumpmama to Katie