[IP] Re: A1C at Dr Appointment

I am a Kaiser member and the Nurse educator used to send us the lab form and
log forms, etc., prior to my son's quarterly appointment so when we went in
they had the lab results and we brought the meters, log info, and a list of
questions etc.  Unfortunately for us the Nurse moved so we just went to an
appointment without the lab work done and didn't have the log stuff set up on
their forms etc.  It just proves how hectic our lives can be, it never even
occurred to me to take care of it on our without her nice reminders. I felt
totally unprepared and like I just didn't have all the information we needed
to make it the most productive meeting. Anyway, we have new staff, who I
haven't met all of and the new nurse was not there the day we were.  (But I
have spoken to him on the phone and he seems very nice and knowledgeable) But
I did want to chime in on how useful it is to have lab results ahead of time.
 It lets my son's diabetic team know what is going on, and they can
conference if they would like to make suggestions or changes etc.