[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: [IP] the look
In a message dated 10/22/02 10:43:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> see "that thing" attached to her daughter!!!.....when I subsequently spoke
> the daughter, I wasn't too shocked to hear her say she doesn't drive
> "after all no diabetics should be behind the wheel of a car". What a sad sa
> commentary on how the mother's views of her daughter's condition had
> handicapped them both. Sigh....
> Renee (pump mom/advocate to Melissa)
I would not want to sound to be bragging but could help some poor soul
with diabetes, I have had diabetes insulin dependent, 53 yrs, I am now
73 yrs still no complications, just received a pump 10/26/02 due to
loss of the ability to detect a low.
1. I enjoyed camping when a young boy, still camp will go by myself
for up to 3 weeks.
2. Rode a motorcycle for over 40 years & camped several times a year
riding the Blue Ridge Pky & into Canada.
3. Have a Commercial License to fly lighter tan air (Hot Air Balloon)
an advertising Balloon over 10 yrs.
4. A friend of mine & I flew a Piper Club to Anchorage, AL gone 2
5. I live on a Lake Fish & Boat frequently & did so before moving
6. I have ridden a bicycle most all of my life, still ride over 2500
per year, have ridden from Atlanta, GA to New Orleans, LA & to Daytona
Beach, FL 2 times rode many century's.
7. I drive my pickup average over 25,000 never had an accident.
8. I worked as an Insurance agent for 39 yrs no problems due to
9. I was a bricklayer for 12 years before going into the agency
owned my own agency.
10. I could add much more but no need to be too long, I only want to
show by my own experience as to what can be enjoyed even with
diabetes, I go to church every Sunday and in 48 yrs have only missed
3 Sundays. Never missed time from work. One thing many resent is
I have tried to live by the rules, My wife even tries to get me to eat
one should not such as pies, cakes & cookies she makes.
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml