[IP] Allergic to Insulin?

I recently inserted a Sil way too shallow.  My BS are still good, so I
assume it is not shallow enough not to work.  Anyway, I noticed that I am
breaking out in hives at the point of entrance.  Could I possibly be
developing an allergy to whatever suspension they use in humalog?  Or is
this just normal irritation from the insulin going in so close to the
surface of my skin?  I plan on asking my endo about it at my next
appointment, but wanted to ask the list too.  Is there an alternative to
Alicia - type 1 for 19 years, no complications, pumping 6 years minimed 508