[IP] Re: allergy to tape after 1 1/2 years of pumping??

Hi, folks -

I've been pumping with my MM 508 for almost 1 1/2 years, using sofsets.  I
had NEVER had a problem with the tape (I use the two that are provided with
the tubing in the package) until about 2 weeks ago.  Suddenly, it seems
that when I remove the old site it appears red like a rash, swollen, and
ITCHY.  Actually, the itchiness starts way before I change the site, but I
just put up with it and sort of scratch "around" the tape.

Is it possible to suddenly acquire an allergy to this tape after almost 1
1/2 years of pumping using the same sets, tape, etc. with no problem?   Has
anyone else experienced this?  I realize many pumpers complain of allergy
to tape, but my understanding is that it starts when they first begin using

I hate to say it, but I've had several other problems in RECENT WEEKS with
my infusion sets that I NEVER had before.  I fear the quality at Medtronic
Minimed is going down the tube.  I have a call in to them and am waiting
for their callback.

Many thanks to all,