RE: [IP] A1C's

1) We do our bloodwork the week before the appt. It
just makes more sense to have that info at the appt so
it can be discussed in person and changes can be made
on the spot if needed.

2) We have used A1c at Home (I think that's the one,
from Flexsite) and it was very close to what we
expected. It has been suggested here by Jim Handsfield
that if you use these most of the time, you should
still have one blood draw once a year.

Take care, Kerri
Join me in the Parents of Pumpers chat, Saturdays @
6:30pm Pacific/9:30pm Eastern in the Parents chatroom,
Insulin Pumpers website www.insulin-pumpers.org
Chapman [Heaven's Here on Earth, 1994]

Karen asked:
I have two questions:
1) When do you have your A1C done in relation to your
appointments with your doc?
2) Does anyone have opinions about the A1C now tests
(accuracy, insurance
covering them, etc)?