Re: [IP] A1C's

On Monday, October 21, 2002, at 04:25  PM, email @ redacted wrote:

> I have two questions:
> 1) When do you have your A1C done in relation to your regular
> appointments with your doc?

Well, over the last 18 years, (Yikes is it really that long?) I've done
A1cs in several ways:
	In the beginning we did a stick at the visit and my doc would call
me in a couple of days to give the number and discuss the results.
	I then progressed to the the office finger prick method.  Very
convenient and seemed to be just as accurate as the lab draws.
	Now I get the lab slip before I leave and stop by for a stick
sometime in the week preceding my visit.
> 2) Does anyone have opinions about the A1C now tests (accuracy,
> insurance
> covering them, etc)?
If these are the ones done in the office see above, no problems with
Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
IDDM since '85, MM507 since '98