[IP] A1C's

Lauren goes to her endo next week.  I always thought that taking blood
for an A1C after the appointment was backwards.  First of all, for
Lauren, the appointment is stressful anyway and then it's worse for her
knowing that at the end of it, she has to have blood drawn.  More
importantly, wouldn't it be better to have the A1C results before the
exam so we know prior to the appointment how her control has been?  I
called the office today, and they are willing to have her A1C done
tomorrow so we will have the results before her appointment, but this
obviously is not the way it's usually done there.

I have two questions:
1) When do you have your A1C done in relation to your regular
appointments with your doc?
2) Does anyone have opinions about the A1C now tests (accuracy, insurance
covering them, etc)?