Re: [IP] Blood Sugar Highs

Boy does that sound familiar!! It seems that when I have a high blood sugar
(above 200 +), then it takes about 3-4 hours to bring it down. Then during
that time I've taken so much insulin, that it comes down too low...soooooo

For me, it seems that it gets that high because of what I've eaten...such as

What did you have for dinner? Once you determine which foods cause you to
soar, you may want to set a temporary basal rate - higher than your normal
basal rate - for a few hours after eating.

You are not alone!!!

-Laura ( Diagnosed 10/91, MM 507C 3/99)

I've only been on a pump for 2 months.  The past two
nights I have had sugars in the 200 & 300's.  I
started around 7:00 or 8:00 each night to bring them
down but no matter how much insulin I gave myself I
could not get them down.  By about 11:30 each night
they started to decline.  My days are higher than they
were but not like these highs in the evening.

Last night I changed the site, called mini med and
called the RN training me.  I have to say anytime I
have a problem mini med customer service has been
great.  I also have to say I love this Paradigm pump.

I am just now starting to return to normal.  How do
you even go about figuring out what happened?  I'm
sure with experience it will get easier but I'm
baffled.  I have a few thoughts.  I am using the quick
set.  This last time I changed the site I did not put
tape around it.  I don't know why.  Just forgot I
guess.  Could that have caused it?
Is there such a thing as a bad site?
I started an anti inflammatory almost a week ago.  I
noticed my mornings have been higher since starting

My doctor has not called back yet to tell me what to
do.  The RN mentioned maybe setting a higher temp
basal.  I faxed my numbers to him this morning.

I also had a pretty stressful weekend.  Any thoughts
from those more experienced.  Thanks.

Diagnosed 2 years ago at age 49 with what looks like
Type 1
email @ redacted

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access!