[IP] re: ip reply to frozen shoulder/use of cortisone/my decision

Hi, thanks for all the responses, you are all wonderful. I have decided not
to get the  cortisone shot at all. my dr thought i would be ok without it
also. the bs high really scared me and him. my pt suggested i try as an
alternative, iontophoresis with a dexamethasone solution which is applied
topically to my shoulder area and they use ultrasound, i go tomorrow for the
first time, so i can give more details, my cde sais the solution will effect
my bs and to check them every 2hrs, where the cortisone could have been
double basal rates and high bs for a week or more, ugh! so hopefully this
will work without to many problems.
if anyone out there has had this let me know, personally by email is ok as
well. i am alittle worried about this but not as much as the cortisone shot.
i have to still do more pt and of course that great painful stretching for
the next several weeks, but i am having much better range of motion. thanks
again to all, have a nice night sincerely Eileen