Re: [IP] Another curious question

> I was just wondering roughly how long the pump has been around for.
> I'm from Australia and didn't really hear about it being used a lot
> until I moved to America last year so just out of curiosity, how
> long has it been around. :)

We have a dozen list members that have been using pump therapy for 20
years or more (one over 25). See the Over 24,900 club button in the
MEMBERS ONLY area of the web site.

Pumps in their present form (user friendly) have been around for
10-15 years depending one which one you wish to consider the "first"
pump with variable basals and bolus capability. Our pump historian,
Jan Hughey, can probably give us the exact date.