[IP] RE: flu/pneumonia shots

Thanks for all the replies--my soreness is slowly going away.  My doc said that now many doctors (including him) recommend that anyone with a chronic disease such as diabetes get a pneumonia shot every ten years, although "they" used to think once a lifetime was enough for a diabetic.  (I told him that my doctor before him recommended I get one, and that doc told me I would only need it once...but that was over ten years ago.)  The only bummer is, do you think after 10 years I will remember to either not get the shots the same day or get them in different arms?  Knowing me, probably not!

Thanks for all the replies--I was sort of relieved to hear I wasn't the only one who experienced a lot of soreness from these shots.