[IP] Re: Insulin to Carb Ratio

I'm a little confused about your post, and it made
me a bit worried:  Do the "12-13 units a day"
include your basal insulin?

If this is just your bolus total, then (based on your
ratios) your daily carb calories look like 400-500
calories (and even less than this if basal is included

in the 12-13.)

True I'm a bagel-snarfin-carb-lovin-chow-hound and
YMMV, but most of my *meals* have more than 400 carb
calories (my ICR is 21:1 and TDD is 28-30.)

I don't know much about Dr Bernstein's diet, but
please don't starve yourself!  However if most of
your calories come from protein and/or fat, then I
think just counting carbs will let you down.

>My ratio is 8:1 in the morning and 10:1 in the
>evening and I'm extremely sensitive to insulin
> (Novolog).  I average about 12-13 units a day total.
>I have my best results when I follow Dr. Bernstein's

Do you Yahoo!?