From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 7:40 PM
Subject: [IP] Re: Alarms and the horror of those who watch

> This pump sets off alarms at Bristol Farms and Albertsons but their
managers have given me a card that verifies the possibility of such
happening.  The card states that this medical necessity may set off alarms.
There is no problem with this person and the situation should be ignored and
this shopper should be assisted in anyway needed.  Signed by the managers of
both stores.  Even with the card it goes off regularly and there is no
problem.  With the pacemaker a credit style card is issued and states that
this person is a patient of..... and has a permanently implanted pacemaker.
This pacemaker my set off sensors at various sites.  Be assured the patient
is not setting off the alarm but the sensors in this multiple stage
pacemaker/defib.
> So this story goes on and on.  No matter where the alarms go off one
should never be treated with such rudeness and a pump literally ripped from
the body so an idiot clerk can see what it is.  Having
> just this morning reviewed the tape from their security camera...which
they at first denied having...one can easily see the clerk in her abusive
stance pulling out the pump and its connection hanging in the breeze.  This
situation can not be denied nor ignored.

>  From: Sam <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] alarms
>
> At 10/17/2002, 08:43 AM Artorius Rex wrote:
>
> >>I'm sure I'm not the only one that would disagree with this statement.
I've
> >>had my insulin pump set off the sensors at Fred Meyer (Kroegers) here in
> >>Portland.   All those sensors do is read a magnetized strip of metal and
I'm