[IP] Exploding fingerstips!!

Your explanation sounds plausible; and, undoubtedly happens from time to
time; however, most exploding fingertips occur when someone pierces a small
artery near the surface of their finger.

If a finger is obviously inflamed, I doubt if many people would stick it for
a drop of blood.

The problem with interstitial fluid diluting contaminating blood from a
finger puncture is when, after the puncture, the finger is not bleeding
adequately and the person squeezes it hard to form a drop.

What squirts across the room is seldom diluted with interstitial fluid.