Re: [IP] follow up to Auto Immune question

----- Original Message -----
From: "morrisarmy" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 1:07 PM
Subject: [IP] follow up to Auto Immune question

   Darcy

   My daughter's TSH level was 1,025!!!! when she finally got diagnosed!!
She was swollen and
   tired all the time.  She was a year behind in her growth.  I kept getting
her checked and
   didn't get any answers.  She was miserable.  She gained so much weight,
she didn't look like
   my daughter anymore.  I had a friend who is a nurse and she told me to
ask the doctor for a
   thyroid checkup.  It took months to get regulated on the Synthroid, but
we are doing great now.
.  She lost all the weight, she is growing and has a lot more energy!  Hang
in there.  She will
   do great!!  You don't have to bring your numbers down from 1,025 like we
did, so she will
probably being doing better alot quicker!  Her friends wanted to take
Synthroid too.  ONe friend was a little over weight and one was short like
my daughter.  The kids can't say hypothyroidism...they were telling their
friends that our daughter had "hypopatomus"!!!

> To keep this related to diabetes, I was wondering if there is anyone who
was
> diagnosed Hypthyroid before they developed diabetes?  I'm not going to sit
> around and worry about the possibility of her getting diabetes too, but
I'm