Re: [IP] Re: Medic Alert bracelets

In a message dated 10/16/2002 11:57:21 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My only concern about the Medic Alert bracelets is that mine had absolutely
> no information on it - just a toll free number and an ID code.  That really
> didn't make me feel very safe.
> Weird Jenn

Mine says diabetes, insulin pump, and lists 2 allergies to medications and
then gives my ID code and the toll free number.
I bought one of the 14k i.d.'s, I'm allergic to most medals and hadn't worn a
medical id in years because of it but the diabetes clinic here said i had to
wear one for them to approve me for the pump.  I've even have jeweler's
comment on what a pretty bracelet it is.
So here I am, don't even notice it's there anymore, never take it off unless
I'm dying my hair  ;)

Faith and Sweetie Pie, my mighty blue dtron
diabetic 21+ years and happy to be here.