[IP] carousel ball

Jenny was right - it was started by marvin and barbara davis, denver
millionaires, more than 20 years ago when they started teh barbara davis
center there...Their daughter was diagnosesd a few years after me and they
decided not to just sit there and moan and whine about it...they put their
money to good use, as well as his hollywood connections.

It used to be held in denver and all those celebrities came to town and
raised money. A couple of years me and my mom got to go to a tea and fashion
show that they held just before teh ball showcasing evening wear...

Only $60 million?  is that all it has raised?  how depressing.....in 20
years? or was tha THIS year's take?

Interesting thing (for me) re: the BDC...when they first opened back in 7/78?
they held a poster contest for kids to draw what diabetes meant to them...I
entered and won 1st prize - a 10 speed bike!  had my picture in the paper and
all..got to meet the researchers...famous people now...Dr. Peter Chase... and
a few others...