[IP] Re: Insulin to Carb Ratio

My ratio is 8:1 in the morning and 10:1 in the evening and I'm extremely sensitive to insulin (Novolog).  I average about 12-13 units a day total.  However, I also find that certain foods have their own ratio.  For instance, salad or vegetables may require only 12 or 14:1, and my numbers stay relatively flat, but a higher-glycemic index food (like a burrito or pasta) might need 8 or 7:1, and my numbers still spike afterwards.  I'm having a hard time finding the right balance for foods like those - numbers either too high afterwards or too low, so I'm eliminating those things from my diet.  I have my best results when I follow Dr. Bernstein's diet.