[IP] Re: Quick-Set Advice/hints

I use the Quick Sets with the 6mm cannula.  I was only diagnosed this year and started pumping in August, so I haven't tried any of the other sets yet.  I'm thin now (thanks to diabetes) so I have better luck inserting into my hip area.  A couple of times I've had problems with the cannula kinking when I insert into the abdomen, unless I do it very low in the fattiest part, which leaves me limited sites on the stomach.  I think it kinks from the bending action that occurs at the abdomen, even though it's not close to my belt line.  I can usually feel when it happens too by the small pain I feel at the site when I bend a certain way.  I don't have this problem in the hip area though.  My CDE told me some of the leaner patients were having this kinking problem also and I might want to switch to the Silhouettes.  I've also noticed that insertion into the hip area is less painful than the abdomen.