Re: [IP] admiration

In my family, I - the mom - am the one with diabetes and I can tell you
without a doubt in my mind that it is easier on me that way. I would imagine
that having a child with diabetes is about like sitting in the back seat of
a car going 100  miles an hour down the freeway with your child at the wheel
and all you can do is give instruction. It has to be horrifying.

The first few days - at the very least - that you send them off to school
must be some of the longest days of your life. I didn't really have a
problem at the kindergarten level but we moved several times during my
children's high school years and their first few days at school were
excruciating for me and all I worried about was there being alone walking
down the halls and at the lunch table - not exactly the life threatening
issues that you have to worry about.

When my son had pneumonia, I slept in his room to make sure he was ok during
the night. That only lasted a few nights until the drugs kicked in. How many
nights do you all fall asleep in your child's room.

Here's to all of you parents dealing with this. I have no doubt that you
would rather it be you than your child.
Sue dx1/2002